Thursday 10 April 2014

L'oreal Paris Foundations

It shocks me to even write this..... (prepare for shallow make-up confession) 
I have never tried ANY L'oreal foundations.
*gasps*
I don't know why but I haven't. I suppose it is because I have always been a loyal buyer of the Bourjois healthy mix foundation and also the gel foundation so whilst I was scouring Boots yesterday, I had a sudden 'I'm going to buy a different foundation moment!!!' Yay! 
So off to the L'oreal section I go. Straight away I see they have a 2 for £15 offer on selected make-up products. (You can see what they have in the offer here). I then see the new Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation and immediately I'm sold. An offer and a raved about foundation?! Of course I'm going to get giddy. The one thing I absolutely HATE about buying foundation is deciding on the colour. I just take forever. I have pale skin so I take ages umm'ing and ahh'ing over whether it is going to make me look orange - even the lightest shades can often make me look orange. *sigh* The trials and tribulations of being pale!
Anyway, I'm rambling now. I got this foundation in the colour 100 porcelain which seemed to be a perfect match. I've not properly tried it out yet but I'm pretty confident it will be the right shade and I can do a review on this once I've worn it. 
Has anyone else used this foundation? It seems to be really runny in the bottle - like you shake it and if you shut your eyes, it sounds like you are shaking a glass bottle filled with water. Slightly wary of this considering the bottle is TINY - only 20ml - but I must admit, it's so cute.
So, continuing with the theme, I picked up the L'oreal True Match foundation in the colour N1 Ivory. I've been wearing it all day and got so excited using it for the first time this morning. This colour matches my skin PERFECTLY so I feel like the Nude Magique foundation will be a match too as these two colours (porcelain and ivory) looked the same on my hand. I find this to be a medium coverage but is easily buildable without looking cakey. I always like to have a good amount of foundation on and it really did make my skin look flawless. *woohoo!* I've heard lots of people raving about this foundation and now I can see why! Of course, this is only the first day of wearing it so I don't want to say too much about how I love it and how marvelous it is as who knows, I might suddenly grow a strong hatred for it by next week?! You never know. But what I can say is it has lasted all day and only a slight amount on my chin has worn off. So two foundations for £15, both originally priced at £9.99. A fiver saved - can't be bad! 

Let me know what you think of the L'oreal foundations! I'd love to know!
Love Leah x





7 comments:

  1. Lovely post:) I have tried the Nude foundation and it just did not cut it for me in terms of coverage, and hello messy bottle! Why can't all foundations come with pumps *sigh*. I really love the Loreal Magic Lumi, it has to be my fave from their line!
    xx Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) I'm starting to think I won't like it either - I feel like it's gonna just disappear on my face into nothing and I like a good coverage! But of course I had to buy it ha ha. xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i looooove the souffle one! surprisingly high coverage for the mousse like texture XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I love the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse so I'll have to give that one a go too! x

      Delete
  4. Ooooh let me know what you think of the Nude Magique one! It's on my 'to buy' list and I'd be interested to see what you think of it - as in how easy it is to apply and how long it lasts and the type of finish. I've heard it's similar to the Armani Maestro foundation xx

    Lis

    www.elisabethrilatt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had it on today and I have mixed opinions so far! I poured it onto the back of my hand and it managed to splash onto me so then decided to pour it straight onto the brush and it just seeped through all the bristles. It's a quick operation to get it from brush to face without losing all the product! It's really silky and smooth though when it's on but it's a really light coverage. I've only had it on for 4 hours and it has lasted well so far, let's see what it is like in another 4 hours! x

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric