Sunday 13 April 2014

New Collection 2000 Mascara Review

A week ago today I created my blog and I'm shocked at how many positive messages I've had, who knew that anyone would even bother to read my two cents on things?! Thanks guys! Anyway today I'm going to speak about the new Collection 2000 Volumising mascara which I mentioned yesterday in my Boots Haul. I applied it this morning so here's a before and after shot. Please excuse the eczema on my eyelid *sigh*

Before

After
I can't say I'm a huge fan of this mascara so far. It is quite a wet, thin formula so whilst applying it, I found it didn't make the eyelashes thick or volumising as it claims to.  After one coat it hadn't really made much of a difference and due to the wet consistency, I kept getting it all over my eyelid which I cleaned off with an cotton bud. It has made a difference as you can see in the pictures but it has not lengthened the lashes as much as I like however, I will say it has separated the lashes well probably because of the plastic brush. 
I was excited to try this out due to the similarity it appeared to have with Max Factor's False Lash, however, it doesn't even compare. The price is three times lower than False Lash though so can't really complain! 
I will continue to use this mascara; I'm not quite ready to throw it in the bin yet! 
Has anyone else tried this mascara out? 

Love Leah x


23 comments:

  1. This look very effective. I've used Maybelline all the time, but this one looks good! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For £4, it is worth giving it a go! Personally I found it didn't thicken my lashes as much as I like but that is just personal preference x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review. Your lashes look great, but I'm not a fan of wet, thin formulas either.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I find thicker consistencys coat the lashes better x

      Delete
  3. I've not tried this but have to say that I too am not a fan of thinner formulas - maybe it is one to keep for those 'no makeup' days!
    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is good for a 'lighter' make-up look! x

      Delete
  4. I haven't tried this one yet but I am a huge fan of the max factor false lash effect mascara. I'm undecided about trying it though!

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottle is very similar and so is the brush but the actual mascara is very different. Let me know if you try it though! x

      Delete
  5. Does it clump? I'm looking for a lighter mascara for when I need fake lashes, this might stop the them clumping together! Great honest review though, its really refreshing :) xx

    www.vivaepernay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't found it to clump at all probably because of how thin the consistency is so I'd definitely try it with falsies! Thank you so much x

      Delete
  6. I really love this mascara but I've found that it needs time to thicken up, as it's so messy when it's new and very wet! xx
    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I've only used it twice and each time it's been all over me! x

      Delete
  7. I saw this mascara and I thought the brush looked great, but apparently it just gets everywhere! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally find it to be quite messy, I'm not a huge fan! x

      Delete
  8. Yeah I agree. Had this before and it ends up with me looking like a panda :') haha. x

    http://daisychain-01.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get along with this mascara! x

      Delete
  9. i've heard lots of mixed reviews about this even though it does look graet on you but i don't think i'll be going for this haha
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you tried Barry M Mascara?

    www.pinkpolkadotandpopcorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't believe I have! Are they good? x

      Delete
  11. oh wow, your lashes look marvelous. though this mascara reminds me of maybelline, the package looks similar to pretty much all of the volume xpress and the brush to one of the latest mascaras, rocket
    Keep on going with the blog
    xxxx
    http://loadsof-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric