Saturday 12 April 2014

Mini Boots Haul!

Hello! 
So today I was re-united with one of my 'home' best friends who I only get to see when I'm home from uni (or the odd occasion she comes to see me at uni) *sob* As absolute shop-a-holics, we of course decided to spend the afternoon perusing the shops along with taking a compulsory visit to Costa (chocolate creamy coolers are the best!) Anyway, I popped into Boots and bought a few things from Collection 2000 which I've never tried before. I can be a make-up snob sometimes - I fully hold my hands up to this - and often avoid the cheaper brands just because I get nervous of them giving me volcanic spots which I just do not enjoy. But, after seeing many good things being said about Collection 2000 and such brands recently, I decided to have a little nose at what they had to offer. I'm so glad I did *happy dance*



Firstly I picked up a mascara which caught my attention immediately as it is the same shaped bottle as Max Factor's False Lash Mascara (my absolute favourite mascara in the history of mascaras.) Straight away, I'm excited. It is the new Collection 2000 Volumising Mascara which claims to give 10x extra volume. The brush is SO similar to the Falsh Lash brush only it is slightly bigger but I don't see this as a bad thing at all. Very excited to try this out and at £3.99, I will be a very happy girl if it matches the quality of False Lash.


I also picked up one of their blushers in the colour 'bashful' which is priced at £2.99. How amazing is that?! It is a lovely peachy/pink shade with gold undertones.

How adorable is the pattern?! It appears to be really pigmented which surprises me - I expected  to battle with it for a while to get any colour off of it. I'm sorry for doubting you bashful blush *hangs head in shame*

Next, I picked up one of their new deluxe lipsticks in the shade Prohibition (£3.99) - this shade is SO SO pigmented. One slight touch and you're covered in red! Well, sort of. What I'm trying to say is it rubs off very easily.


All I had to do was smell it and it ended up on my nose much to my friends amusement. I swear my nose didn't even touch it. It is a beautiful cherry red shade which I tried out earlier and it feels really creamy on. I didn't leave it on for long though so I'm unsure as to how long it lasts so I will have to report back on that one!

Last but not least I picked up a 'work the colour' eyeshadow pencil in the shade Midnight Glam. This name is so fitting as it is a gorgeous dark navy shade with subtle silver flecks of glitter.


Please excuse the other swatches!
As you can see, it is very pigmented which again surprises me as this was only £3.19 - absolute bargain! I'm so excited to try this out for a night out make-up look.

Just for good measure, I thought I'd also show you the shoes I purchased from the trusty New Look - you can always rely on this place for good shoes for all occasions. At £15.99 I was so happy with my purchase and can't wait to wear these with cute dresses!

Thanks for reading!
Love Leah x

9 comments:

  1. You picked up some lovely bits and pieces! The shoes are so cute
    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) Just had a browse through your blog, love it! x

      Delete
  2. I love the blush shade! Lovely post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Collection Eyeshadow pencil. It just doesn't budge and that's coming from someone who has problems with eyeshadow creasing even with a primer. Great post

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great products!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know on my blog!
    Fashion and the City
    Keep in touh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is the eyeshadow pencil like? It looks really good x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not yet tried it apart from a swatch on my hand - it's really pigmented as you can see but I wouldn't say it's very creamy x

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric