Friday 18 April 2014

Treats from Boots

This past week I have been SUPER busy with dissertation work stressing about whether I'm going to get it properly done in time for the deadline (a week on Monday argh!!) so, of course, the only way to bring a spot of brightness back into my life is retail therapy. I realise this is incredibly shallow and materialistic but what can you do? In my defense, I only bought four things which is pretty good considering how damn stressed out I have been. Little treats now and again are a good thing - unless you are like me and buy something every time you go into Boots or Superdrug and end up with no money *sigh* 

Anyway, the first thing I picked up is the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub - even typing this makes me excited!!! The smell is just the most amazing thing that has been lucky enough to grace my nostrils (not actually inside my nostrils - that would be weird). It contains smashed brown sugar, sweet lime (this is what makes the scent AMAZING), almond oil and Macadamia Grains. I've heard a lot of great reviews about this product and Soap & Glory don't usually let me down so I have high hopes for this! The smell of limes is just such a fresh smell for Summer.




Next, I picked up the new Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder in Classic Ivory. I'm excited to try this as I prefer a matte finish. I currently use Maybelline's Fit Me Powder every day which is a fabulous product so I also have high hopes for this one AND it was only £3.99! Bargain.


I love to use a facemask when I'm in the bath especially the Montagne Jennesse range. There is nothing more satisfying than peeling off one of their peely masks!!! I always eye up their anti-stress mud pac and have always just by-passed it for some reason but not this time. I rejected my usual peel-off mask for this so again I have high hopes! (How many times have I said high hopes in this post?!)


Last but not least, I picked up the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in 005 Nude. I bought this to wear on my waterline as I'd heard people say it can make your eyes look wider and brighter. I've been wearing it the past few days and already had compliments on it. My friend said it looked 'cool' and stole it off me this morning for her to use so it must have looked alright on me! It takes a bit of getting used to as I usually wear black on my waterline but this is perfect for a lighter look or perhaps if you used black eyeliner under the waterline then it would make your eyes appear much bigger! (Sorry for the shoddy picture, I struggle to take exceptionally clear pictures on my iPhone but I do my best!)


Has anyone else bought anything which has excited them recently?!
Love Leah x

11 comments:

  1. Looks like a great haul!! I've never seen that maybelline powder! You must do a review on it!!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only recently come out! I definitely will review it, I'm excited to try it out x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These products look amazing! Soap and Glory is one of my favourite beauty companies and I'm sure you will not be disappointed!! <3 xx

    nessiehere.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Soap and Glory! And that eyeliner is one of my favourites for everyday! A lovely haul here :)

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always go shopping when I am stressed! It is just the best thing to cheer up my mood. I love the Rimmel eyeliner it was a great choice, it stays in my waterline best out of any drugstore liner! I am super curious about that Maybelline powder, is it new? I havent seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, is it new! Cheaper than their Fit Me powder too! It claims to absorb oil so fingers crossed! I'll review it soon :) x

      Delete
  6. Oooh, great products! It's nice to treat yourself once in a while, especially when you're on a student budget! Might have to try the nude eyeliner, I've heard that before! xx

    http://stylerehearsal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it out - I'm slowly starting to love it! x

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric