Sunday 20 April 2014

New Maybelline Matte Maker Mattifying Powder

Hello!
So, I bought the new Maybelline powder the other day purely because I am a massive fan of their Fit Me powder. I rarely try out new powders as the Fit Me powder has always been amazing for my skin - it makes my foundation last forever, mattifys my skin and make my skin feel really smooth. So when I saw they'd released a new powder for the price of £3.99, I decided to pick it up to see if it compared with the Fit Me powder which retails at £5.99.
I've worn this powder for the past couple of days now and all I can say is wow. It really does make my skin look flawless. I thought I couldn't get better than Fit Me but this really makes my skin look perfect (not meaning to sound big-headed, I hate my skin at the best of times!)
I use it with my elf powder brush (fave brush ever btw) which really helps get the product into my skin. It has lasted me throughout the day and I only had to touch up once when usually, I'm dabbing at my skin all the time to get rid of shine which is something I get conscious of! 
The packaging is just standard plastic packaging with a lid that lifts off - kinda basic and not exactly luxurious but who cares for £3.99?! It does the job and I often feel good make-up products can be by-passed just because they don't always look amazing. Don't judge a book by it's cover, right?! 
I really recommend picking up this powder if you like a matte finish - it does the job without making your face look cakey and leaves a really lovely silky feel on the skin.
Here's a couple of pictures. I'm wearing L'oreal True Match in N1 Ivory along with the Matte Maker powder and a spot of Collection 2000 blush in Bashful. On my lips I have on Clinique Joli Rouge lipstick in 712 Baby Rose. I don't have anything on my eyes apart from Rimmel Scandal Eyes Nude Eyeliner in 005 as they're feeling rather sore today!



Has anyone else tried this powder?
Love Leah x

14 comments:

  1. I havn't tried it but it sounds amazing!
    Will definitely check it out
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the Rimmel stay matter powder- but this looks like a great alternative!

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to try this out! Looks beautiful on your skin! lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you. Definitely give it a go! x

      Delete
  4. I've never tried foundation or powder so found this post really cool! And love that finish as well. Maybe have a little peep down my blog? =)
    http://sherrypye.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and yes, of course I will x

      Delete
  5. Hey, I love your blog, I've nominated you for a Liebster award check it out...
    http://littlebirdie17.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou but I've already done it! xxx

      Delete
  6. I've never tried this powder, but for £3.99 I guess there's nothing to lose - your skin looks great! x

    http://stylerehearsal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've used it every day since I bought it and just love it, it's so long-lasting x

      Delete
  7. Hey! I really like your blog and I think that more people need to get following! So I've nominated you for a Liebster award, but I've just seen you've already been nominated!! Just my luck!

    Charlotte xo
    http://charlotterees.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, that's lovely! x

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric