Monday 4 May 2015

Review | L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation



Happy Bank Holiday Monday! Suprisingly we weren't cursed with the usual 'black bank holiday cloud' which hovers over the UK for the day - it was actually quite nice. The same can't be said for the weekend though. Going on a night out with a plastic bag over your head as you couldn't find your umbrella isn't the best look but yeah, cough, who even does that? *insert guilty face here
Moving swiftly on, I couldn't not give my two cents on a foundation which has made me so happy recently. I know, how sad, but if you're reading this then you must be as sad as me too when it comes to make-up. *high-five*
I never usually try out lots of different foundations. The usual scenario is I buy a foundation and end up using it for months because I think I love it when really I just like it. Don't get me wrong, I really really reeeeeeally like my MAC Studio Fix and my Bourgois Healthy Mix but now I have tried this new foundation, I am actually certain I've found the one. I love matte finishes so I think when I saw this in Boots and saw the 3 for 2 offer and have seen lots of people rave about this foundation aaand saw it was only £7.99, I couldn't leave it behind. 
The L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24H-Matte Foundation advertises itself as being 'lightweight and non-cakey.' I have to be honest, I did wonder at first how good this was going to be as I find matte foundations can be quite cakey if you aren't careful of how much you apply. I have to say though, I'm so impressed with this foundation - personally I haven't found it to be cakey in the slightest. If anything, it feels almost silky on my skin!

Annoyingly I picked up the wrong shade at first - I think I was in denial of how pale I actually am. *face-palm* At first I got the shade 'vanilla' which is the second lightest shade, however, it was slightly too orange for me *sob* so I went back and bought the shade 'porcelain.' This shade is perfect for my skin tone which is so bitter sweet as I would love to be just one shade darker! Please British sunshine, come out and give me some colour! Anyway, here is a before picture of me facially naked looking extremely grumpy and tired haha...


...and here is an after picture with the foundation applied *insert 'oh look at me, I don't know how to pose' picture here*


And just for good measure, here is another picture on a night out at the weekend where I had the foundation on...


I love the matte effect it has on my skin - even after a few hours on a night out it stayed pretty much matte all over my face. In the above picture I had been wearing it for about five hours and it was still the same as it was when I applied it. I love dewy foundations but after a few hours I find  my skin can look too shiny (never a good look!) hence the reason why I love matte foundations so much. The staying power is amazing and as long as you only apply a bit at at time, it is really easy to blend into the skin. I can't get enough of this foundation at the minute, I'm even tempted to go buy another whilst it is £7.99! 

Has anyone else tried this foundation or the Infallible primer?
I'd love to know!
Love Leah x

12 comments:

  1. I can definitely relate to being in denial about paleness, although now I've learnt to just pick up the lightest shade possible - I guess it makes our shopping experience kind of easier, right?! Haha :)! I've seen a lot about this foundation recently, I personally prefer a more 'dewy' finish, but this sounds like a great matte alternative :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes I guess you're right however painful it may be! This is very matte on my skin so possibly you wouldn't like it xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely going to give this a try, looks lovely on!

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! Definitely recommend giving it a go!

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you did this review Leah as I've been eyeing this up forever. (Actually annoyed at myself too because I missed Superdrug's 3 for 2, ha!) Your skin looks totally, totally flawless... need this in my life ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't too sure on this but I think it's mainly as there wasn't a decent colour match in there for me, even by mixing them. I hope L'Oreal release more! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a true gem, Leah! It looks amazing on you, I'm definitely going to give it a try. You can't go wrong with L'oreal!

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This foundation look incredible on you! I have such dry skin so it's not for me but you look beautiful!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've heard a lot about this, it looks nice on you! i'll have to see if i can find it around here :)

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I keep hearing a lot of good things about this foundation - I definitely need to get my hands on a tube!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric