Tuesday 8 April 2014

The Body Shop: Some Of My Faves!



With my dreaded dissertation taking over my life, I thought I would take a break to write about some of my favourite products from The Body Shop. I was introduced to the products from here at an early age by my Mum who has loyally shopped here for many, many years. By an early age, I don't mean I was being plastered in make-up at the age of two! What I mean is my very first beauty product (if you like) was from here at around the age of ten or eleven - that being a moisturizer. Since then, I've always adored the different array of items they have to offer. That being said - here are some of my favourites! (I'll leave pictures until the end)

Strawberry Shower Gel - £12.00 (or £4.00 for 250ml)
This shower gel literally smells like heaven - the strawberry scented products have to be my favourite fruity smell they have. If you don't like strong scented shower gels and prefer more subtle scents then this probably isn't for you as it literally makes your entire bathroom smell like strawberries! It contains natural strawberry seed oil and Community Fair Trade honey - products containing natural ingredients instantly appeal to me and I have no qualms in saying this is the best shower gel I have ever used in making my skin feel super soft. The scent also lingers on your skin afterwards leaving you smelling like a strawberry. The shower gel comes in many different scents (papaya being another favourite of mine) which I bought my Mum for Mother's Day - it went down very well!

Strawberry Body Butter - (£13.00 for 250ml. One pictured below is 50ml) 
Continuing with the strawberry scented theme, the body butters are extremely rich and moisturizing. A little goes a long way with this product but I must say again, if you don't like particularly strong scents then I wouldn't recommend this as it has a very strong sweet strawberry scent. I love using this, particularly in Winter, if any dry patches pop up. It gets rid of them in no time and I love the smaller pots as I can just pop it in my bag. This product isn't on their website but I believe it is still available in shops!

Indian Night Jasmine Fragrance Mist - £7.50
If you don't find me wearing Paco Rabanne Lady Million then you will definitely find me wearing this. Lighter than a perfume, it is perfect as a summer scent (although I wear this all year round, I just love it!) It is quite a sophisticated smell and is described on The Body Shop website as being 'seductive' and 'feminine' with 'floral and oriental accords.' I've repurchased this scent numerous times now (I don't even know how many) and would very much recommend giving this fragrance mist a try if you haven't already!

Skin Primer Matte It - £12.00
I've recently started using this face primer and have been loving it so far. I would often find that my foundation had gotten patchy throughout the day but when I have put this on beforehand, I find my foundation sits better, goes on smoother and generally lasts longer. I got this for Christmas and have been using it every day since. Four months on and I still haven't finished the tube  - a little goes a long way and for the price you really can't go wrong.

The Body Shop Eye Colour in 07
I'm not sure if they still sell these anymore after looking on their website but I couldn't leave this eyeshadow out. I'll be devastated when it runs out. It's a beautiful bronze/gold colour and looks beautiful for night or day time looks. However, their Colour Crush eyeshadows are available at £7.00 each and I believe Caramel Flirt is a very similar colour to this one. I have a couple of these Colour Crush eyeshadows and they are very pigmented and find they last a long time when used over an eye primer!

What is your favourite Body Shop product?
Love Leah x
Strawberry Shower Gel - 750ml

Strawberry Body Butter - 50ml

Indian Night Jasmine Fragrance Mist - 100ml

Skin Primer Matte It - 25ml

The Body Shop Eye Colour 07

Swatch - Colour 07


8 comments:

  1. I didn't know the Body Shop did a face primer so I'll definitely check it out :)
    Bea x

    Bea's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's one of their best sellers online :) x

      Delete
  2. I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check it out:
    http://stylerehearsal.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-nomination.html
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you very much :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Body Shop, I think my favorite product by them right now is the Coconut Cream Body Scrub! It smells like ice cream, so nice.

    Lil x

    PS. Good luck with the dissertation, mine is taking over my life too! Can't wait for it to be over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the body scrubs too - I used to love the cocoa butter one but I'm not sure if they still do it.
      Thankyou! Hope yours goes well too x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric