Tuesday 8 April 2014

Spring Makeup Trends

It appears this Spring that the orange lip is making a comeback which makes me incredibly happy! I absolutely love coral/orange shades and it is one of the first shades I like to look for when I'm out shopping - along with red/purple shades. Over the past couple of years I guess you could say I've become more daring with lip colours - I used to stick with nudes or pinks but I just sort of find them boring sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I still get excitable if I do endeavor to buy any shade of lipstick but throw me a coral or red shade and I'll be forever in your favour! 
What has made me go 'oh no' under my breath when scouring through glamour and vogue online is the return of the 80's blue eyeshadow. Like really? Does electric blue really look good on anybody? I'm really not a fan of this. I started wondering what eye colour it would actually suit and personally, on blue eyes I think it would take away from the natural blue colour of the eye and brown eyes, well, when has blue and brown ever gone together? Perhaps it would suit green/hazel eyes but I'll have to believe this when I see it.  As you can tell, I'm hoping this trend won't be as popular as the orange lip! I don't think I could cope seeing  blue eyelids everywhere...

What are your favourite trends this Spring?
Love Leah x
Taken from Vogue.





3 comments:

  1. Hi, I came to give a look at your blog after I saw your comment in one of my posts. I really like your writing style!
    My favourite trends this spring are the orange lip ( I love bright colors in this time of the year) and I also saw the spring makeup collections of Dior that had some really nice pastel colors. I really liked those too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you, that's so kind. I love the pastel colours too! x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric