Wednesday 9 April 2014

My New Hair

Oh my goodness. 
I've just been to the hairdressers to have my fro chopped and just don't know what to think of it yet. My hair has always been very, very curly. Please excuse the ridiculous Halloween picture but it's the only one I can find which really shows how curly my hair was from the back! (My hair also does not have a natural silver tint ha ha)

Anyway, as you can see - my hair was tight ringlets, really hard to look after, never used to look right to me and was all in all a pain in the arse. So roughly around a year ago I decided to bring in the straighteners which soon became my new best friend - we saw each other every day and they were always there for me. Perfect friendship right?! I loved how long my hair was now that my curls had all been straightened out and found myself getting lots of compliments about the length so I was finally happy with my hair despite how long it took me to straighten it all. (Here's a couple of pictures from when I first started straightening it.)



This really didn't last long though. For a few months I found it stayed in good condition but it slowly starting deteriorating - my hair started breaking off, became really brittle and looked really dry. I then noticed that a massive chunk of my hair had snapped off completely leaving me with a short piece right by my face - such a convenient place, not. So that brings me to today. I decided to get the snip and sort this fro out. My hair has not been this short since I was about two years old and I'm sort of crying inside whilst thinking it's new, I can work with it, it'll grow etc. That doesn't stop me thinking about my long hair! This is my new hair... (please excuse the minimal make-up and rather startled face, I'm still getting used to it ha ha) Next mission: getting it to grow. Mission accepted.

Thanks for reading!
Love Leah x

5 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great both straightened and curly :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric