Friday 8 May 2015

My Tips For Surviving The Last Few Weeks Of University


I've read so many posts recently on people stressing out over university whether it be upcoming exams or looming assignment deadlines! Since it has nearly been a year since my last ever university exam (where the blimmin heck has a year gone?) I thought I'd give my two cents on  how I coped (or rather just about made it out alive) during my last few months at uni...

1. Surround yourself with friends who motivate you to not to procrastinate! I found going to the library on my own much more depressing and lonely and "oh I'm never going to get this done" would circulate around my head as I stared at the computer screen....alone. Yet, when me and my fellow English Lit buddy went together, I would get so much done and actually felt like my work was alright and not completely, y'know, crap. Support each other!

2. Take regular breaks. Who wants to sit at a computer screen for 12 hours reading that size 12 font in times new roman continuously? This obviously doesn't apply for anyone with a 3000 word deadline tomorrow who is now on approx. 100 words. If this is the case, I'm afraid you're gonna have to up your caffeine intake and avoid sleep tonight my friend.

3. Have a good moan. Seriously. Just let it all out about how your assignment is absolutely s**t and you just want to drop out now 'cos you're never gonna get it all done 'cos you're so tired and there's just too much to do. After you are done, get back on that computer and smash that assignment! You can do it and will do it. You don't really have any other choice. Unless you drop out. But that would be silly.

4. Eat your feelings. If you want to eat that extra large bag of quavers or that 50% off dominoes pizza then you go for it. If you can't eat crap now then when can you? There's plenty of time to eat healthily or start that diet after you've finished all your work. I mean, what else are you gonna be doing?

5. Still go on nights out. That assignment is still gonna be there waiting for you in the morning and these last few weeks could be the last time for you to go out mid-week, ever! Obviously not the best idea if it is due in tomorrow (as with point 2!) but manage your time right and you don't have to miss that night out everyone is going on about.

GOOD LUCK.

Love Leah x




5 comments:

  1. Love this! All of these tips are true...especially the eat your feelings one :) Nothing better than a box of maltesers after a long day of studying (or in my case procrastinating haha:)

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Studying was a LONG time ago for me now - how depressing - but these are amazing tips lovely. Totally agree with still going out/having a life, you definitely need to make time for that otherwise it can all get too much. Fab post :0

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great tips - especially having fun as you won't have all your friends in one place like that again, most likely! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all fab tips that I'm sure many will find useful! My final year ended up being my favourite as we all made the effort to do things together before we all went our separate ways. It really is importance to find the balance :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tips! I will be using these at college next year :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric