Friday 3 April 2015

Review ||| Paul Mitchell Heat Seal

I've not done a review in such a long time and I always like to share any hidden treasures which you may not have discovered! So I thought I'd kick things off with a brand I've loved for a long time - Paul Mitchell. I've always liked their shampoos and conditioners and absolutely LOVE their mousse (which they unappealingly call sculpting foam - hmm) so considering I like to straighten my unruly, curly hair quite a lot, I thought I'd invest in their heat protector spray. Now, I have a lot of hair but each strand is really really and I mean really thin so it breaks really easily. Have I said really enough? Anyway, this often means that once I start straightening, I find my hair gets shorter and shorter and I devastatingly have been asked before now "have you had your hair cut?" What a heartbreaking question for someone who loves long hair.
So, I tried keeping my hair curly for as long as I could without straightening it and did manage a few months to try and build up it's strength and get it growing again. Don't get me wrong, I like having curly hair but every person with curly hair knows that it ain't easy! The daily struggle you endure in the morning trying to tame it with different concoctions of serum, mousse, conditioner, the works! Yet, when I straighten my hair I can just give it a brush in the morning after straightening it the night before and I'm good to go!  SO MUCH EASIER. 

This heat protector claims it 'helps prevent damage from blow dryers and irons. Increases body and shine. Heat required to activate.' Pretty much the usual description you find on any heat defense spray so I do have to admit, it wasn't exactly the description that drew me in. It was the brand. However, I do love this spray! It smells amazing just like when you walk into a hairdressers and you get all different aromas hitting you. It's sort of like that. I have found that I've been getting less split ends from straightening when using this which is a massive deal for me! The only thing I'd say I don't like is the actual spray. It sort of sprays directly onto the section you aim for so that part gets loaded with the product, if that makes sense. It's not exactly like a fine mist which covers a bigger area of hair. Apart from that, I do really like using it! You don't need a lot at all. Just give your hair a good brush after using it to make sure it's evenly distributed and your hair will smell amazing afterwards as well.

I bought this 250ml bottle from www.lookfantastic.com for £14.95 and I would definitely recommend paying that little bit extra for a great product.





Have you tried this or any other heat sprays which are worth a try?

Love Leah x


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the makeup look you're wearing here lovely, your eyes look gorgeous! :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need to try this brand !

    CANDICE | BEAUTY CANDY LOVES

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric