Thursday 14 August 2014

PRODUCT REVIEW | KAT VON D STUDDED KISS LIPSTICK

After watching Kat Von D's make-up line being reviewed on various you tube videos, I was SO excited to have a nosey at the line myself when I was over in America. This was serious business. I love Kat Von D and her fearless attitude to appearing how she wants to in terms of her tattoos, her style and her often heavy make-up. I was excited. Reeeeally excited.
I played around with the testers for a good half an hour swatching every lipstick and her tattoo foundation. I was so tempted to get this as well but as it covers tattoos (I tested it on my own tattoo so I can confirm that it does completely cover tattoos) I didn't really want such a heavy coverage on my face.
I settled on the shade called 'Motorhead' which, if I remember rightly, was the second darkest shade. If you're gonna get a Kat Von D lippy, you may as well follow in her footsteps and go dark right?!

So let's start with the packaging. It came in a lovely black box similarly to the MAC lipsticks however, in my opinion, the packaging is better quality to MAC. As the lipstick range is called Studded Kiss, the box itself was subtly studded as you can see here:


I thought this was a really lovely effect - you can tell that Kat has gone all out in the production of these lipsticks even down to the packaging. So, following with the studded theme, can we just take a moment to appreciate this amazing lipstick packaging?!




I just love it. It's so unique and I can't stop holding it! Yes, I realise this is really weird but c'mon, just look at it! There clearly has been a lot of thought into the manufacturing behind the packaging and I feel like it really reflects Kat Von D's image and the rocker/goth vibe about her. 10/10 for this!





The shade is a little scary for me personally. I think it would get a lot of getting used to if I were ever brave enough to wear it and to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be that dark on the lips. However, that doesn't dismiss the fact that I do love the colour. I'm just unsure if it suits me! It is VERY matte and can be a little awkward to apply due to this - as you can see in the follow picture, I've not been able to perfectly apply it but without a lip liner I don't think I've done too shabby!


Finally, the scent is pretty much identical to that of MAC lipsticks. Anyone who loves that gorgeous vanilla smell will love the scent of these lippys!

Has anyone else tried these and if so, what is your favourite shade?

Love Leah x

5 comments:

  1. This colour looks really great on you! The lipstick looks a lot better on then when you just see it as the stick Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade is next on my wishlist. Right now I have Bauhau5 and I wear it all the time.
    http://sinnerette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric