Monday 7 April 2014

ASOS Tiny Haul

It's always exciting waiting for your online shopping order to arrive. You hope and pray the clothes you witnessed on the site are going to match your expectations and not fill you with disappointment. So this morning, my ASOS order arrived. Hearing the door knock, I was filled with excitement and tried to keep my cool when signing for the package (I realize how lame I sound right now!) Opening the package and the two dresses I ordered are everything I'd hoped they'd be. I ordered a beautiful denim dress with daisy flowers dotted about it with ideas in mind on how I'd wear it - a thin, grey, roll-neck long sleeved top underneath in the cooler months with black brogues and perhaps black tights and in the warmer months I could wear it as it is; sleeveless and above the knee with no tights and white pumps?! I was feeling excited.
The next hurdle, praying it fits! I slowly step into the dress feeling a sense of relief as it appears to fit. I can do the zip up, things are looking good!! HOWEVER, I then realize it sort of bunches up just above my belly button. The next stage is panic; can I get away with this? Is it noticeable? Can I forget about it? I came to the conclusion that it just didn't look quite right and at £15 (down from £30) although a good price I couldn't justify it. The bitter disappointment you feel when a dress you love just doesn't fit as perfectly as you would like is devastating. So back to ASOS you go little denim dress. Here is a picture for those interested:

Secondly, I ordered a T-shirt smock dress with which I in fact LOVE. I saw it on the site and thought it looked great on the model but wasn't sure how it would suit me. At 5 ft 3, I thought it might make me look incredibly short and stumpy and completely drown me. However, I'm happy with how this looks and at £15 (again down from £30) I decided to keep this one! I couldn't send both back; that really would be upsetting!!

Thanks for reading! What are your favourite dresses for the approaching Summer months?
Love Leah x


8 comments:

  1. I love the smock dress- so pretty! Xx

    Beauty Soup | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! It's a shame about the denim dress, it was so pretty!

    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and yep, it was devastating moment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denim dress looks cool. Try altering the size of dress or gift it to your friend. Loved the post dear :)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are too freaking cute! It sucks you had to send one back though! :(

    ~Kelsey
    http://sparkleshineandglisten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric