Wednesday 16 July 2014

Repurchases!

Everyone has those staple purchases that you subconsciously pick up in store because your brain is programmed into doing so. I certainly do anyway and buy my favourite foundation for example without even stopping to think 'Oh, I could try a different one instead of the same old one.' But once you've found your staple products, you get into a routine and find yourself not wanting to change certain things. Don't get me wrong, as a girl suffering from a severe make-up addiction I do try many different products but to be honest, when it comes to things like foundation/skincare/haircare I 9 times out of 10 buy the same things because I know I like them and know they work for me!
So here is a round-up of some products I have repurchased countless times:
(Ps. Sorry for the shoddy photography. I'm trying to get the best lighting possible with my phone!)


Left to right: Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer| Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum| Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier by TIGI| Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam| L'Oreal True Match Foundation| Benefit Dallas| Simple Kind To Skin Facial Wipes| Rimmel Bronzing Compact Powder

Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer

This is a really good concealer if you want good coverage with a really creamy, blendable consistancy. I've used this countless times when a very much unwanted spot has rudely appeared on my face and has solved the issue straight away. I usually dab it on with my finger without rubbing it in as I find this just smears the product off whereas if you dab it, it really gets the product onto your skin well which means better coverage of any blemishes/spots or under eye circles!

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

I have used this probably since I was about 14 which means I have probably owned around 20 bottles but to be honest, it might be less than that as this foundation lasts me for months. It is very blendable and sits well on my skin lasting all day with no patches. The only problem is their colour range - sometimes this foundation can be too orange for me even in the palest shade so I really have to work with it and blend A LOT. But, if you can find the right colour then this foundation really is lovely and smells fruity!

Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier by TIGI

This again is a product I've used since around the age of 13 as I have always had really, really, really curly hair. Even though it is not as curly now due to the copious amounts of straightening I have put my hair through over the years, it has been a fabulous product in taming my wild hair when it was at it's curliest. I still use it now when I have my hair curly and find that it is best applied to wet hair as it is VERY sticky so the wet hair helps to smooth the stickiness away. I absolutely love this product so much so that I buy it in bulk on Ebay as I know I will always use it.

Paul Mitchel Sculpting Foam

I've come to the realization that his hair mousse smells of coconut after years of pondering what it smells like! This is such a great hair product that my Mum introduced to me again years ago and I've always had a bottle handy to tame any fly-aways. It's such a fun product as it comes out of the bottle in liquid form and then grows in your hand into an airy mousse! (It's the little things which amuse me!) I'd really recommend this as it is super conditioning, smells lovely and the best hair mousse I've ever used.

L'Oreal True Match Foundation

This is a new one I've tried so I'm only on my second repurchase but I bought this one I realized the Bourjois foundation takes too much battling with the colour to get it to match my skin. As much as I love it, I've had to move on. I'm so glad I tried this as the colour matches perfectly and they have so many different shades to suit different skin tones which is fabulous. It feels really light on the skin, doesn't cake at all and blends really nicely.

Benefit Dallas

Love, love, love this blush/bronzer (not quite sure what to call it!) It's a lovely plum shade with a slight amount of shimmer which I often get compliments on when I'm wearing it so can't be bad! The only thing I'm not particularly keen on is the scent - I don't even know how to describe it but it definitely isn't a scent I'm a fan of but I simply ignore that as I love the colour too much!

Simple Kind To Skin Facial Wipes

I never understand when people say it is bad for your skin to take your make-up off with wipes! It depends which wipes you use in my opinion but I always have the Simple ones stocked up in my drawer as they are brilliant. There is no need for wiping vigorously with these as they are full of moisture so your make-up is off in no time. They are extremely soft and leave my skin feeling hydrated and smooth after use.

Rimmel Bronzing Compact Powder

Last but not least, this has to be my favourite bronzer in the world. I accidently picked up the shimmer one instead of the matte which is what I usually go for but I've been enjoying using it! The colour is really blendable and pigmented and lasts all day long. For the cheap price, I would definitely recommend picking it up if you haven't already!

What are your staple products you like to buy? :)
Love Leah x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric