Wednesday 6 August 2014

CONCRETE JUNGLE WHERE DREAMS ARE MADE OF!

New York, New York, New York. What can I say about this bustling metropolis of gigantic buildings, swarms of people dashing about left, right and centre and eccentric bright lights scattered all over the place? One word - amazing. I can even stretch it to three words - a different world.
I have always dreamt of visiting this city and until recently, I never really knew why I was so desperate to visit.  I figured the skyscrapers would make me feel claustrophobic, the amount of people would make me feel anxious and I imagined the fumes would make me feel sick. Some of this appeared to be true. I did feel anxious aimlessly wandering around Times Square on the Friday evening we arrived - being surrounded by hundreds of people who were pushing and shoving wasn't my idea of a good time! I just realized that Times Square was to be avoided at night time if you wanted to come out with all limbs attached! That being said, we did arrive on a Friday evening so the busy-ness was kinda to be expected and when visiting Times Square again the following morning, I fell in love. The gigantic billboard screens of advertisements, the booming music coming from shops, the famous red steps, the rows of yellow taxis like you see in movies - everything just got me like wow.
As for the vast amount of skyscrapers which you definitely couldn't escape, I didn't feel claustrophobic in the slightest! I was in awe looking up for hundreds of feet at these man-made masterpieces towering over everybody thinking 'how on earth did they build something that high?!' Going up the Empire State Building made me realize that New York really is a concrete jungle (props to you Alicia Keys) and has to be one of the most amazing cities in the world. 
We saw two shows - Rock of Ages and Wicked - both of which were fabulous and lived up to their high expectations! And of course, who goes to New York and doesn't go shopping?! 
I had the most amazing birthday visiting all the sights of New York and would do it all again in a heartbeat.
Haul to follow!
Love Leah x

View from the 102nd floor of the Empire State Building!

2 comments:

  1. My FAVORITE place to go to!! I plan on going again in October!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Design by | SweetElectric