Thursday 7 August 2014

What Have I Just Smelled?!

I just had to blog this straight away! I'm literally like what on earth have I just figured out?! The start of the story is always good so here's a basic overview. Recently when over in New York I purchased the Origins Eye Doctor eye cream. I'd read nothing about it but heard lots of positive reviews about the Origins brand in general. I was in desperate need of a moisturizing eye cream that could help with the dry skin on my eyelids and so, the girl in Sephora told me that this would be perfect if I only wanted it to moisturize. For a price of $36 it wasn't exactly cheap so I had extremely high hopes for this product even if it was at a cheaper price than you'd find in the UK (in the UK it retails at around £28.50 and in the US it works out to be around £21.)

So, now the interesting bit. When I came back to the UK, I began using this on my first night back. It's in the cutest little pot and feels really soothing on the skin but I couldn't help but notice the smell! At first I could smell the cucumber which it claims to contain but after continuously smelling the pot, I came to the realization that it actually smells like stale cigarettes??? Wait, what? Surely this can't be right!
Over the past few nights I have continued to apply the cream before bed and low and behold, it definitely smells like stale cigarettes. Not exactly the most heartwarming smell right?
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this smell and I actually feel stupid for writing this but I wouldn't write something unless I was 100% positive it was what I thought. 

Please let me know if anyone has tried this cream and what they think of the smell?

Love Leah x

5 comments:

  1. I've heard really great things about this product in the blogging world - Must be really good!
    Great Post.
    www.lipstickontshirts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (apart from the smell) But i've never heard of that before!

      Delete
    2. Yeah if you can get over the smell then it's great! For the price, I'm trying my best to get over the smell! xx

      Delete
  2. Great review! Definitely sounds interesting! I think I will have to smell it for myself!
    Little Beauty Blog
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I urge people to go out and smell it to confirm I'm not crazy haha x

      Delete

Design by | SweetElectric